VTUFORUM
Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - Printable Version

+- VTUFORUM (http://www.vtuforum.com)
+-- Forum: Post Grad and Research (/Forum-Post-Grad-and-Research)
+--- Forum: Network Simulation (/Forum-Network-Simulation)
+--- Thread: Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output (/Thread-Install-Tracegraph-on-Ubuntu-12-04-to-analyse-your-NS2-output)

Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - Sandeep - 03-06-2014 03:07 PM

Hello member frnds, I have already written some of the articles related to the NS2 like how to install it, you can find it here

Read Here

After installation of NS2 and simulating the some network topology, the output is available in the .tr file which is basically a trace file..It has set of colums each colums has its own meanings...like source address, destination address, sequence number etc
Now to find the output, we have to analyse these files to get the required value such as throughput, Jitter, delay etc etc

There are two ways to do..One way is to write the AWK script to a extract the required data and examine that data...Another method is to use TraceGraph which we are going to see here

Examining the tracefile( .tr ) with the AWK script is not a easy task because of the quanity of the data and its complexity..

So here in this article we are dealing with using Tracegraph and examining it...

Steps are :-
Before we shall start with the steps, we need to have two downloads

Tracegraph - Download

Mginstaller - Download

seems like the tracegraphn is written for MATLAB, so to make it run on the Ubuntu you required the MgInstaller for that...
So just download both the files

and Next follow these steps

1. UnZip downloaded tracegraph202linux.tar.gz to home folder...So it should be present at /home/sandeep/tracegraph202 (according to my system)

2. Extract mglinstaller.gz to home folder, copy the mglinstaller.gz file to /home/sandeep/tracegraph202

3. change the permission of the mglinstaller
Quote:$sudo chmod 777 mglinstaller

4. call mglinstaller
Quote:$./mglinstaller

5. After installing mglinstaller, you will get a folder called glnx86 in /home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin directory

6. Copy all the files from /home/sandeep/tracegraph202 directiy and paste them in /home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86/ directory

7. Edit your .bashrc to put some path name
Quote:$gedit .bashrc

and put the following line at the end of the file

Quote:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86

or else exectute

Quote:$ sudo export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86

8. Now go to /home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86 and change the permission of the .trgraph
Quote:chmod 777 trgraph

Now Tracegraph is ready to work, type
Quote:$./trgraph

Give the .tr file in the input..File- > Browse file..Check the graph in 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional also..

Note: in the above explanation, the path name used is w.r.t to my system.../home/sandeep/tracegraph202/ chnage it to according to your path name /home/my_user_name/tracegraph202

Share your comments on this...Thank you Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - yasamin - 01-18-2016 12:33 PM

(03-06-2014 03:07 PM)Sandeep Wrote:  Hello member frnds, I have already written some of the articles related to the NS2 like how to install it, you can find it here

Read Here

After installation of NS2 and simulating the some network topology, the output is available in the .tr file which is basically a trace file..It has set of colums each colums has its own meanings...like source address, destination address, sequence number etc
Now to find the output, we have to analyse these files to get the required value such as throughput, Jitter, delay etc etc

There are two ways to do..One way is to write the AWK script to a extract the required data and examine that data...Another method is to use TraceGraph which we are going to see here

Examining the tracefile( .tr ) with the AWK script is not a easy task because of the quanity of the data and its complexity..

So here in this article we are dealing with using Tracegraph and examining it...

Steps are :-
Before we shall start with the steps, we need to have two downloads

Tracegraph - Download

Mginstaller - Download

seems like the tracegraphn is written for MATLAB, so to make it run on the Ubuntu you required the MgInstaller for that...
So just download both the files

and Next follow these steps

1. UnZip downloaded tracegraph202linux.tar.gz to home folder...So it should be present at /home/sandeep/tracegraph202 (according to my system)

2. Extract mglinstaller.gz to home folder, copy the mglinstaller.gz file to /home/sandeep/tracegraph202

3. change the permission of the mglinstaller
Quote:$sudo chmod 777 mglinstaller

4. call mglinstaller
Quote:$./mglinstaller

5. After installing mglinstaller, you will get a folder called glnx86 in /home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin directory

6. Copy all the files from /home/sandeep/tracegraph202 directiy and paste them in /home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86/ directory

7. Edit your .bashrc to put some path name
Quote:$gedit .bashrc

and put the following line at the end of the file

Quote:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86

or else exectute

Quote:$ sudo export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86

8. Now go to /home/sandeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86 and change the permission of the .trgraph
Quote:chmod 777 trgraph

Now Tracegraph is ready to work, type
Quote:$./trgraph

Give the .tr file in the input..File- > Browse file..Check the graph in 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional also..

Note: in the above explanation, the path name used is w.r.t to my system.../home/sandeep/tracegraph202/ chnage it to according to your path name /home/my_user_name/tracegraph202

Share your comments on this...Thank you Big Grin Big Grin
Hi
I am getting this error:
majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202$ ./trgraph
bash: ./trgraph : no such file or directory
please help me

RE: Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - Sandeep - 01-18-2016 07:34 PM

Please check if set the path variable or not. It is not recognising the trgraph command itself

RE: Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - yasamin - 01-20-2016 11:20 AM

(01-18-2016 07:34 PM)Sandeep Wrote:  Please check if set the path variable or not. It is not recognising the trgraph command itself

Hi
I did it and got this error:

majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86$ sudo export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86
[sudo] password for majid:
sudo: export: command not found

I must do in the following to I can open ".bashrc file" and added this line "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86". I attached this file too.

majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86
majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86$ gedit /home/majid/.bashrc
majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86$

But I got the same error:
majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86$ chmod 777 trgraph
majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86$ ./trgraph
bash: ./trgraph: No such file or directory

plesae help me.
it is noted that I'm using virtual machine Ubuntu 12.04.5 on windows 7.
thanks
yasamin

RE: Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - Sandeep - 01-20-2016 09:53 PM

Everything is looking correct to me, try to browser to "/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86" and check if the "trapgh" file is present there or not. If it there, then its purely the problem with setting the environment varibale.

Try this

Open your bashrc, after the line
Quote:export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86

put

Quote:export PATH=$PATH:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

else navigate to "/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86" in your terminal and execute ./trgaph

Then also it is not possible to execute then, there is some problem with installation steps, try installing in another folder of home directory. I tried it on Ubuntu 12.04, it worked fine, I think it should work on VM box also

RE: Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - yasamin - 01-24-2016 11:51 AM

(01-20-2016 09:53 PM)Sandeep Wrote:  Everything is looking correct to me, try to browser to "/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86" and check if the "trapgh" file is present there or not. If it there, then its purely the problem with setting the environment varibale.

Try this

Open your bashrc, after the line
Quote:export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86

put

Quote:export PATH=$PATH:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

else navigate to "/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86" in your terminal and execute ./trgaph

Then also it is not possible to execute then, there is some problem with installation steps, try installing in another folder of home directory. I tried it on Ubuntu 12.04, it worked fine, I think it should work on VM box also

HI
I did the above steps but I got the same error.
I navigate to "/home/majid/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86" in my terminal and execute ls.
I see trgraph but when in my terminal, I execute ./trgraph
It show the following error:

majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86$ ls
atlas_Athlon.so libmex.so libmwudd.so
atlas_PIII.so libmmfile.so libmwuix.so
atlas_PII.so libmwarpack.so libmx.so
atlas_PPro.so libmwbuiltins.so libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3
blas.spec libmwcl.so libut.so
copyright.txt libmwfftw.so libXm.so.2
dataread.mexglx libmwgcl.so libXm.so.2.1
glren.so libmwgui.so LINKLIST
graphs.fig libmwhardcopy.so mesa.rights
lapack.so libmwhg.so mglinstaller
libGL.so libmwlapack.so out1.tr
libGL.so.1 libmwm_ir.so out.tr
libGL.so.1.2.0 libmwm_parser.so sortcellchar.mexglx
libGLU.so libmwmpath.so stats.fig
libGLU.so.1 libmwnumerics.so svce1.tr
libGLU.so.1.2.0 libmwservices.so svce2.tr
libmatlb.so libmwsglm.so trgraph
libmatpp.so libmwsgl.so trgraph.cfg
libmat.so libmwudd_mi.so trgraph.fig
majid@majid-vm:~/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86$ trgraph
bash: ./trgraph: No such file or directory

thanks for your help.
I have another question
I installed tracegraph in Windows. I input trace file and get the outputs graph.
I don't understand the meanings of some graphs.
But I can not find any manual for trace graph.
Do you have any manual ?

thanks
yasamin gharib

RE: Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - Sandeep - 01-27-2016 11:06 PM

Hello yasamin,

Even I dont know any manual for Tracegraph, just looking at the names of the graph I used to judge them.
Good to know that you managed to install TR on windows. Then why dont you try Jtrazer. Its handy and easy to use and understand

You can download from here

else use NS2 visual trace anaylzer from here

I always found JTrazer very helpful for fast analysis of result

RE: Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 12.04 to analyse your NS2 output - yasamin - 01-30-2016 04:12 PM

(01-27-2016 11:06 PM)Sandeep Wrote:  Hello yasamin,

Even I dont know any manual for Tracegraph, just looking at the names of the graph I used to judge them.
Good to know that you managed to install TR on windows. Then why dont you try Jtrazer. Its handy and easy to use and understand

You can download from here

else use NS2 visual trace anaylzer from here

I always found JTrazer very helpful for fast analysis of result

Hi
I downloaded JTrazer and NS2 visual trace anaylzer.
thanks for your help.

How to Install Tracegraph on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - shashi kant - 04-22-2018 05:44 PM

(03-06-2014 03:07 PM)Sandeep Wrote:  Hello sir, i followed all steps given from this blog and some other blog also for installing tracegraph on ubuntu 16.04 but never installed successfully.
error bash: ./trgraph: No such file or directory
I also try to Install 32-bit libraries using the following command

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
but get error
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ia32-libs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
lib32ncurses5 lib32z1

E: Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate

also try
sudo apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0 libxi6 libxtst6 libxrender1 libxtst6:i386 libXp6:i386 libXt6:i386
again get the error
sudo apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0 libxi6 libxtst6 libxrender1 libxtst6:i386 libXp6:i386 libXt6:i386
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
E: Unable to locate package lib32bz2-1.0
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'lib32bz2-1.0'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'lib32bz2-1.0'
E: Unable to locate package libXp6:i386
E: Unable to locate package libXt6:i386

I also try

sudo apt-get install ia32.libsbut
again some error
sudo apt-get install ia32.libsReading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Note, selecting 'ia32-libs' for regex 'ia32.libs'
Note, selecting 'ia32-libs-dev' for regex 'ia32.libs'
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libllvm4.0 linux-headers-4.10.0-28 linux-headers-4.10.0-28-generic
linux-headers-4.4.0-104 linux-headers-4.4.0-104-generic
linux-image-4.10.0-28-generic linux-image-4.4.0-104-generic
linux-image-extra-4.10.0-28-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-104-generic
linux-signed-image-4.10.0-28-generic
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgrade
I try to install tracegraph many times but never succeeded.
Please help me.